Department of Physics
University at Albany
Albany NY - 12222
LinkedIn: Tse's LinkedIn
My research interests are Bayesian Data Analysis and stock market index analysis using Physics model in statistical Physics. Meanwhile, I am pursuing the associate of the Society of Actuaries position.
University at Albany, State University of New York
Bachelor of Science in Physics and Mathematics: May 2005
Master of Science in Physics: May 2007
Master of Science in Mathematics: May 2007
Doctor of Philosophy in Physics: expected January 2013
Awards and Activities
- Graduate Student Organization Treasurer, SUNY -Albany, 5/2009 - 5/2010
- Graduate Student Organization Grant Chair, SUNY -Albany, 5/2008 - 5/2009
- Graduate Student Organization Lead Senator, SUNY -Albany, 5/2007 - 5/2008
- SUNY The Research Foundation Assistantship, FALL 2006 – SPRING 2008
- Dean’s List for Distinguished Students
* Spring 2002, Fall 2002, Fall 2003, Spring 2004, Fall 2004, and Spring 2005
- Top scholars Spellman Achievement Award, Fall 2002
- M.K. Tse, J. Choinsky, D.F. Carbon, K.H. Knuth. 2007. Estimating background spectra, Proceedings of the 27th International Workshop on Bayesian Inference and Maximum Entropy Methods in Science and Engineering (MaxEnt? 2007), eds. K.H. Knuth, A. Caticha, J, Center, A. Giffin, C. Rodriguez, AIP Press: NY, In Press.
- Knuth K.H., M.K. Tse, J. Choinsky, H.A. Maunu, D.F. Carbon. 2007. Bayesian source separation applied to identifying complex organic molecules in space, IEEE Statistical Signal Processing Workshop 2007, Madison WI, August 2007.